Tuesday, December 16, 2008

She speaks!

Hello again! As promised, more photos of the mystery cliffhanger sweater. I figured I owed everyone (the sweater included) some decent online recognition. Careful followers will note that this is my first wearable sweater. True, I made a vest that was gifted and a sweater that makes my skin crawl, but this is my first piece of clothing that I can actually wear. Three cheers to that!

Let's get to the goods, shall we?

Pattern: Juliet (rav link)
Designer: Zephyr Gals: Sarah & Rachel
Yarn: 4 skeins Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece (held double) in Provincial Rose
Needles: US #10 Addi Turbos
Dates: 8/1- 9/17 (yes...3 months ago)
Level of love: are we serious?

Mods: The largest modification I made was choosing a different lace pattern for the bodice. The pattern I went with was borrowed from the Vintage Shoulderette pattern. Other than that, I decided to do a single faux button front closure instead of the two separated ones as directed. Originally when I started finishing, the button was going to be functional-- good thing I'm flexible.


I enjoy this top very much, especially the A-line shape. I have already worn it out several times which I believe makes it feel loved and happy. Often I wonder if I'm the only one that imagines knit items having feelings. Knit items that are shoved into drawers would naturally be sad, and conversely happy if worn frequently. More finished goodness to come soon!

**Special thanks to my fantastic photographer friend that agreed to take the time to shoot [and edit] these photos just because he's awesome. Won't you pay him a visit?

7 comments:

CelticCastOn said...

looks fantastic, you look great in that colour!!

amanda said...

congrats on your 1st sweater that you love!! It looks great on you :)

Agnes said...

Oh oh oh ... so lovely! You look great in it ... so I think the love is mutual! :)

Kara said...

Yes, yes, yes! Fabulous sweater.

Michael said...

Looks awesome, lady!

Dorm Bedding said...

Really love the beautiful color :)

Dorm Bedding said...

Such a hot color!