Friday, November 9, 2007

a tam o'shanter in Wisconsin!

I know I've taken a brief hiatus from writing; I just finished an intense week of coursework, projects, exams, and papers. All went well and now it's time for some well-deserved knitting!

Do any of you remember this?



















Well, since I'm not one to let anything go to waste, those two grey balls of Rowan Ribbon Twist were fashioned into something new! Let's have a look, shall we?














Is that a pom pom you see peeking out from behind? That'd be correct. And I love it. Here are the stats:

Pattern: Mercy - Rowan ribbon twist collection
Designer: Kim Hargreaves
Yarn of Choice: Rowan Ribbon Twist in Rocky - 2 skeins
Needles: 11's for 3 rows and then SIZE 17's for the rest! yeah!
Cast on: 11/8
Cast off: 11/9

Much love for this tam.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Yay! It is perfect! It looks so cute on you. Isn't the instant gratification the best?!

Anonymous said...

Ive been trying to hunt this down via ravelry and gone from blog to blog - where can I get this pattern? It is adorable! Please let me know where to order or how to get my needles on it.
Thanks,
Alex :)
You can reach me at sfrench@smith.edu