Sunday, January 11, 2009

A hat for Sam

Just a quick post to share a [very] quick project. I seem to be developing a trend...

Pattern: Well...it's more of a recipe, really
Gauge: 5.5 sts per 2"
Needles: US #10 Addi Turbos
Yarn: 2 half skeins of Cascade 220 Heathers held double
Made for: Sam
Time to knit: 2 discs of Arrested Development (Season 2)
Level of love: easy, peasy, & awesome

Hi, I'm Sam.

This hat was so fast and enjoyable it makes me smile. It was made to recreate a hat that he currently has in black & white and wears all the time. I took a gauge, some length measurements, did some swatching and went to town. I really am pleased with the finished product (and I'd like to think he is too)!

Hey, look, a label!

All in all, these little projects are basically all I have time for these days--I'm in the middle of taking a very condensed (and intensive) interim accounting course which leaves little to no brainpower for knitting. I do have several more challenging projects lined up for when I'm not spending every waking moment dealing with debits, credits, and posting to T accounts. That day can't come soon enough.

9 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Nice hat, but I really like those labels... where did you get those made up?

Anonymous said...

I'm all for quick little projects at the moment too! Love your labels!

blueyed wench said...

Hey, I was gifted with labels just like that from my mom! Aren't they neat? :)

CelticCastOn said...

ahhhh the dimples the dimples sooo cute! Hat looks great on, he seems to be pleased with it!

lady katherine said...

hi! i love your blogging, and this hat=] where did you get those labels? i would love to get some for my projects!
Kaytee

a friend to knit with said...

nice hat, sam!!!

Anonymous said...

Found you via Ravelry and a Knitting blogring :) Very snazzy hat, and love the labels!

Linda Jordan said...

I adore the hats you've made, will enjoy popping into your blog to see what future projects you get up to - inbetween lectures and studying of course. :)
And have to agree with everyone else, the labels are only great.

Dorm Bedding said...

I really like the marled yarn you chose for this :)