Friday, May 23, 2008

Riding on

Finals are done, grades are in, school has been left, and my heart is healing. Hello world, I'm back--thanks for waiting. Also, thank you for your words of encouragement in getting me through this rough patch. It's been a while since I've done the whole "single thing" and to be honest, it's still feeling pretty foreign to me (3.5 years is a long time to suddenly be without a +1!). I'm finding that taking things one day at a time is helping and that spending quality time with friends and family is making this transition bearable. Gosh, does it hurt though. It's especially hard because I use knitting for general relaxation and think time--and think time is the exact opposite of what I need right now. I have resorted to only knitting with other people or with something very distracting on in front of me. It's not ideal, but hey, it's a start.

Now, I've never been one for rebounding, but sometimes a rebound is the best medicine. Please meet the new love of my life:

"Hello, I'm adorable."


"*yawn* being cute makes me sleepy..."

Meet Gracie-- the soon-to-be new addition to our household. June 8th will be the official date that she joins us, and let me tell you--I can't wait to have her for keeps. Forget chocolate, nothing heals a broken heart like a cute & cuddly puppy. Seriously.

In knitting news, I was finally able to attend my first 'knit night' of the season and I got quite a bit of work done on my mom's shawl! I finished the 17 repeats and I have moved onto the edging portion. dare I predict completion within the week? I dare. I have proof of said progress as seen here:
Say hello mom, you're famous!

More fun photos of knit night have been chronicled here on my fellow knit blogger Sarah's site! We had a fantastic turnout (9 people!) Including some of my close family & friends. It's fantastic to see how the group has grown since it's humble beginning last winter. Being there was therapeutic to say the least, and I can't wait to go back again next week. To all of you considerate readers, thanks again for your support through this all--knitters are certainly a caring breed!

17 comments:

kendra said...

i want trixie!!! she's sooooo cute!!!!

i am glad your heart is healing.

i miss you.

Gudrun Johnston said...

So cute!...can't wait to see the shawl...

Aunt Kathy said...

Whoever suggested you get that adorable puppy was BRILLIANT!!!

Dogs will never break your heart.

I am glad to see you back posting again

Oh and Hi to your famous Mom too, lol

MJ said...

Your shawl looks great! Puppy love <33333

Anonymous said...

I want to hug her! She's so sweet.

Rhian said...

What a sweet puppy! You deserve a little bundle of joy like that - I hope your heart heals even faster with her around to keep you occupied.

I've found that lace knitting keeps my brain busy like nobody's business, (but I'm not always in the mood for lace). The shawl looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

Great to see you posting again! I want your puppy for myself, but you deserve her most so give her a cuddle from me. :)

Ren said...

what a cute puppy! : )

Anonymous said...

Awww...she's adorable. Cherish those cute, sleepy moments of early puppyhood. Soon she'll be running around chewing on things like a crazy dog!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I so agree...puppies are the perfect remedy for a broken heart!! My doggies still make me smile everyday when I come home!!

The shawl is looking great! Hang in there :)

LizKnits said...

Oh my gosh she is just adorable. You can't ever have better company than from a great little dog... unconditional positive regard for sure! Glad you're feeling a bit better.

Susan said...

Puppies make everything better!

Kara said...

awwwww...what a sweetie!!! Hi mom!

Robin said...

What a sweet little puppy!!! Sorry to hear about the breakup. I wish I would have broken up with my ex in college though instead of marrying him, for whatever that's worth.

Usually my knitting is all about relaxation too, but lately I've been doing complicated stitch patterns that I have to keep my mind on to stop thinking about all the stuff going on with my FIL's illness. The knit group is helpful too.

CassieMarie said...

So Adorable!!! I want to squish the little puppy face!!

I hope things are going better for you!! :)

Also, thanks for your nice comments. :)

Lastly, you look just like anne hathaway in that pic!!

rachel iufer said...

omg your new puppy is SO CUTE!!!!

Dorm Bedding said...

Oh, Gracie is an absolute dollbaby!!!!